GSIS Educational Loan is Now Available!
The Government Service Insurance System responds to the call of President Duterte for credit support in education at this time of the pandemic. GSIS opens today a Php20 billion study-now, a pay-later loan program for the college education of GSIS members’ kin.
“We will allow GSIS members who have at least 15 years of government service to avail of an educational loan for their kins in college. The loan has a term of ten years but we will not require them to pay anything in the first five years. So they don’t have to worry about the tuition of their children for the first five years,“ Macasaet explained in a radio interview.
Below is the process of who and how to apply for GSIS educational loans.
The GSIS Educational Loan is a new “study now, pay later” program intended for children and/ or relatives of Active GSIS members who are currently pursuing a college degree. The maximum loanable amount is P100,000 for each School Year (SY), or a maximum of P500,000 (for a five-year college degree).
The loan term is ten (10) years, with a maximum grace period of five (5) years. This means loan repayment period shall only begin on the sixth (6th) year of the loan. The interest rate is 8% per annum.
The GSIS Educational Loan is open to Active GSIS Members who have at least 15 years Length of Service. Qualified borrowers may nominate up to (2) student-beneficiaries. Student-beneficiaries must meet the following requirements;
1. Must be a Filipino citizen or resident of the Philippines;
2. Must be related to the member-borrower up to 3rd degree of consanguinity or affinity;
3. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate course with a maximum study period of (6) years; and
4. Must agree to act as Co-Maker on the loan upon reaching the age of majority (i.e 18 years of age) and in doing so binds him/ herself to the terms and conditions of the loan.
HOW TO APPLY (documentary requirements):
1. Submit the following documents via eGSISMO, email or dropbox (Only EL applications duly-certified by AAOs shall be accepted by GSIS);
– duly-accomplished Education Loan (EL) Application Form;
– Photocopy of the Latest Tuition Assessment Form (original to be presented); and,
– Photocopy of School ID of Student-Beneficiary, with 3 signatures of student-beneficiary affixed on the same page. (Note: If School ID is not available, any valid government ID showing the date of birth, picture, and signature of the student-beneficiary will be accepted).
2. Wait for GSIS Handling Branch employee to contact you for
1.) tentative loan computation (via email) and
2.) loan counseling session (via video conference)