Public schools should really need to visit PAG-IBIG, GSIS, and PHILHEALTH
These affiliate agencies are social welfare services for the Filipinos. All teachers are members of these services and programs upon assumption to duty. Little did they know that there are pros and cons if they neglect to update their status in these agencies.
Here are the reasons why teachers should always take a quick visit to these offices:
1. These agencies have changes from time to time so it is helpful to take a visit every 3 months.
There are some programs which changes through the years such as their loan programs. Some of these programs may be beneficial to you and your projects.
2. There is no “automatic” updating of your status from your previous agency to your current one.
I went to Pag-ibig last week and I found out that my status is “inactive” which caused me a headache. I have been to two employers before landing to DepEd and my first employment is in the private. My status is not updated as automatic as I expected. I need to process papers to merge my previous payments. It turned out that I will no longer include my private employment since it will take more of my time to include it. It such a waste but I don’t have the choice.
3. There are programs or offerings which may be helpful to you and your needs.
Sometimes they offer programs which are in demand to the needs of the clients. You better be quick to update your status.
4. Check your status and update if you have pending unpaid loans from previous work.
You can also see if you have unpaid loans from your previous work which may cause problems later on. The earlier you sort things out is better than anything.
5. Check whether your previous employer has paid their obligations to you.
You can also see if your previous employer paid their dues to you or not. The remittances should be complete.
6. Merge everything from your previous employer to the current one.
You need to merge your previous remittances to your current one. This is important especially if you have many previous employers.
The more you updated with your status, the lesser your problems will be in the future. Make sure to get a quick visit if you have the time. – Clea | Helpline PH