Top 10 reasons why face-to-face learning is still much better compared to online /modular learning
Face-to-face learning is still much better compared to modular/online learning. This is a realization that everybody will agree. May it be the private schools or the public schools, the realization is the same.
Here are the Top 10 reasons why face-to-face learning is still much better from online/modular learning:
1. Face-to-face learning give the students ample room for cultivation and growth.
The presence of a teacher with classmates is different. It involves the mental and emotional aspect of the students. Students can grow more within a group of people learning g together.
2. Interaction between students and teacher is clear and accurate. can interact with each other and can ask direct questions from the teacher.
Students can interact with each other without any hindrance or barricade. Questions are not difficult to answer since they can help each other within the class. It’s never boring to be in school.
3. Teachers will no longer have difficulties arranging their topics and shrinking them.
The dilemma that teachers are facing is that they need to shrink and lessen their topics to fit the modules. Students have difficulties internalizing the topics in the modules. In a classroom setting, teachers can manage their topics very well. There is no problem of omission of some of the topics.
4. Students can think more if they are in the classroom setting.
Classroom setting is a wider selection of thinking. Students are encourage to think more of their lessons compared when they are only in the house.
5. Ease the burden for teachers and students.
Teachers and students will enjoy the classes when in a real classroom setting.
6. Teachers will no longer have difficulties pinpointing the performer students from their class.
It is easy for teachers to know which is which and who are who. Teachers can grade the students based on their performance inside the classroom. In modular setting, teachers can only base their grades on the papers submitted.
7. Learning from an actual teacher is very much different from learning through modules.
Having to go to class with a real teacher is livelier compared to reading bunch of papers. In this regard, there is no room for cheating.
8. Social interaction is a very important aspect in one’s growth.
It is always very nice to socialize with friends and classmates in school.
9. The laughter and the fun inside a classroom setting is priceless.
The memories that each student share together is real.
10. Face-to-face learning is very effective in a student’s life.
Yes, face-to-face learning is what is effective before and even at present, there is no doubt.
As a teacher myself, I wouldn’t trade a classroom set-up with anything else. Face-to-face learning is still much better and a very effective way of delivering my lessons well. We all hope that this pandemic will end very soon so we could get back to track. – Clea | Helpline PH