What to do if the ATM did not dispense cash but still debited your account
Have you experience when you withdraw in the ATM and no money comes out but still debited your account?
This might be stressful and depressing. What exactly you will do? How will you react to this kind of incident?
Here are some advices from Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas incase this happens to you.
- First, Write the date, time, ATM location and other important information about the transaction made.
- Second, keep the receipt or take a picture/photocopy of the receipt since writing in the receipt fades.
- Third, inform the bank immediately about the incident or make a call to them and give details about the incident.
- Fourth, file a formal complain. If the bank did not give immediate action and your money was not return to you, then file a complain and include important documents like receipt.
- Lastly, inform BSP. If the bank did not make any action, inform the BSP. Please present complete details and provide copy of documents.