How to Apply for OWWA Scholarship 2023
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency in the Philippines that gives assistance and support to Filipinos working abroad. One of the services offered by OWWA is giving scholarships to OFW dependents.
For the year 2023, OWWA offers two scholarships to graduating Grade 12 students. Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) and Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program (CMWSP) online application is now open for the Incoming 1st Year for SY 2023 who are currently studying Grade 12.
What is Education for Development Scholarship Program?
The Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) is a scholarship grant to qualified dependents of OFWs who will pursue a 4 to 5-year baccalaureate course in any colleges or universities with financial assistance of Php60,000 per school year to cover tuition fees and other academic-related expenses until completion of the 4-5 years baccalaureate course.
For incoming freshmen, the selection of scholars is determined through the DOST national examinations. Only the top 400 passers are considered for entry as freshmen; 600 slots are for those who are already enrolled in college.
Who can apply EDSP Scholarship?
2. Not more than 21 years old
3. Grade 12 graduating student
4. GWA of 80% or its equivalent
5. Child of an active OWWA member or Sibling of a single or married but childless active OWWA member
What are EDSP Scholarship Requirements?
The requirements listed below should be prepared and submitted once the applicant has has passed the pre-qualifying process or examination.
1. 2×2 ID pictures
2. OFW Passport I.D.
3. Birth Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) / Local Civil Registrar (LCR)
4. Form 137/ Form 138/ Transcript of Records (TOR)
5. Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) (For Single OFW whose dependent/applicant is the sibling)
6. OFW Declaration of No Child Dependent (For Married OFW but childless)
Note: Applicant is not a recipient of any OWWA or other scholarship grant
What is Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program?
The Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program (CMWSP) is a baccalaureate scholarship program mandated by RA 10022. Qualified applicants are eligible for a grant of Php60,000.00 per school year till they complete a 4–5-year baccalaureate course at any college/university in the Philippines.
Deserving migrant workers and/or their immediate descendants who want to take courses primarily in the field of science and technology as identified by DOST will benefit from the program.
Who can apply CMWSP Scholarship?
1. Deserving Migrant Workers (active OFWs) who are not more than 45 years old
2. Children of active OFWs who are below 21 years old
3. GWA of 80% without failing grades or within 20% of graduating class for children of OFW and no failing grades
4. If OFW: Annual Family gross income of $2,400.00 or P76,000.00
5. The Alternative Learning System passers under the Continuing Education Program – Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) with an average of at least 85%or its equivalent as certified the DepEd Accredited Schools.
What are CMWSP Scholarship Requirements?
1. OFW Passport I.D.
2. 2×2 ID pictures
3. Birth Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) / Local Civil Registrar (LCR)
4. Form 137/ Certified true copy of Form 138/ Transcript of Records (TOR)
5. Any Proof of Family Income i.e. (Income Tax Return, Pay Slip, Overseas Employment Contract (OEC), and others as applicable
How to apply EDSP and CMWSP Scholarship?
Interested candidates can visit https://scholarship.owwa.gov.ph.