Tips on how to write research paper or thesis
Research means the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions. According to Neil Armstrong that research is creating new knowledge. It is a process of systematic inquiry that entails collection of data; documentation of critical information, and analysis and interpretation of that data/information, in accordance with suitable methodologies set by specific professional fields and academic disciplines.
Googling is the essence of research. When collecting and organizing thoughts or assertions from other sources, you must evaluate the dependability of the source you’re referring to while googling the topics. You should be cautious to avoid being accused of plagiarism. Your teachers told you to produce a research paper or thesis from high school to college until you graduated and continued your post-graduate education since some topics require you to conduct research. Research is like brainstorming because you’re going to analyze the ideas that came from the different authors that helped you support your problem or title of research paper. For you to be guided, follow some tips that will lead you to completing your research paper.
1. Your adviser in research requires your research title initially, which is the problem with your study. It is not a personal problem but a big issue in general, which is the problem and its scope.
2. The title, rationale of the study, theoretical background of the study, schematic presentation, statement of the problem, significance of the study, scope and limitations of the study, definition of terms, related literature and studies reviewed, research methodology, presentation, analysis, and interpretation of data, summary, findings, conclusions, and recommendations are just a few of the parts of writing a research paper. These are the parts of the thesis or research paper you are going to write. You will need to have a background in writing research so that you can easily finish your paper. A thesis plays a big part for the writer/s because this is not like just writing an article, but you are making a book.
3. To start writing the introduction or rationale of the study, you should know what to write, such as what you say, what others say, and what to do with the gap.
4. In the theoretical background, you should have to google the theory or theories with a proponent that could support your study.
5. Write down your statement of the problem. Your problem statement is based on your study.
6. For the significance of the study, you may opt for the people who benefited from your study.
7. The scope refers to the extent to which you plan to study or research your topic.
The limitations of the study refer to the study’s shortcomings—things you believe the research lacked or ways it could have been improved.
8. You may need to define terminology used in your study under the definition of terms section. Only the terms that provide important information.
9. When discussing related literature, look for an author or source who is also researching related to your topic, or discuss knowledge and findings from existing literature that is relevant to your topic. A study reviewed is a related study that reviews or studies existing works in your project/research field.
10. Research methodology covers the research design, research environment and research participants, research instruments, data gathering, scope and limitation, research procedure, research flow, statistical treatment, and definition of terms. All of these are related to your study and the place where it took place, as well as your respondents, questionnaire, and statistical treatment. This statistical treatment is based on the statistical recommendation from your statistician.
11. This means that in this section of research, like presentation, analysis, and interpretation of data, you are required to analyze the responses of the respondents in response to your problem statement and interpret the data after it has been analyzed.
12. The researchers will write the summary, findings, conclusions, and recommendations based on the findings of your data analysis and interpretation.
These are some pointers to keep in mind as you prepare to write your research paper or thesis. This is merely an overview for students who wish to create a research paper or thesis. – Doki | Helpline PH