Computation of Public School Teacher’s Proportional Vacation Pay for School Year 2020-2021
1. With regard to the opening date of School Year (SY) 2021-2022 on September 13, 2021, as approved by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, this is to provide the field offices the guidelines on the Computation of the Proportional Vacation Pay (PVP, for School Year (SY, 2020-2021 for all public elementary and secondary school teachers, which is in pursuance to Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular (CSC MC) No. 41, s. 1998 as amended by CSC MC No. 9, s. 2012. In the computation of the PVP, vacation service credits may be used to offset absences of a teacher due to illness as prescribed under DepEd Order (DO) o. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers, or to offset proportional deduction in vacation salary due to absence for personal reasons or late appointment under Rule 1 (11) of MC NO. 41, s. 1998.
2. For SY 2020-2021, each of the teachers who rendered continuous service from June 1, 2020 to July 10, 2021, shall be entitled to 80 days total of PVP from school break and Christmas vacation days, computed as follows:
3. Factor 0.206 shall be used for the computation of absences and PVP for SY 2020-2021. Below is the computation of the derivation factor of0.206.
4. Per DepEd Order (DO) o. 007, s. 2020 titled School Calendar and Activities for School Year 2020-2021, teachers were directed to officially report to work starting June 1, 2020. Considering this, the reckoning period on the computation of the total number of days served shall commence on the said date until July 10, 2021 as prescribed under DO 012, s. 2021 titled Amendment to DepEd Order No. 030, s. 2020 (Amendment to DepEd Order No. 007, s. 2020, School Calendar and Activities for School Year 202-2021).
5. This Memorandum is issued without prejudice to other benefits and privileges that may be afforded to public school teachers during the period of the COVID-19 Pandemic, as may be allowed by law.
6. Accordingly, DepEd Memorandum No. 044, s. 2021 dated July 21, 2021, prescribing the Interim Guidelines on the Computation of Public School Teachers’ Proportional Vacation Pay for School Year 2020-2021 is expressly repealed or amended.
7. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Memorandum is desired.
Read DepEd MEMORANDUM No. 056, s. 2021 for more details.