Early Enrollment for Department of Education (DepEd) School Year 2023-2024
The Department of Education (DepEd) has recently issued an amendment to DepEd Order No. 03, s. 2018, pertaining to the Basic Education Enrollment Policy. This important update seeks to streamline and improve the enrollment process in both public and private schools, as well as state and local universities and colleges (SUCs/LUCs). A key aspect of this amended order is the updated schedule for Early Enrollment, which aims to provide the Department with ample time to make necessary preparations and adjustments for the incoming School Year 2023-2024. Early Enrollment for Kindergarten, Grades 1, 7, and 11 learners in public schools is now scheduled from May 10 to June 9, 2023. By participating in the Early Enrollment process, parents and guardians can ensure a smoother transition for their children and help DepEd better allocate resources for the upcoming academic year.
AMENDMENT TO DEPED ORDER NO. 03, s. 2018
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) issued DepEd Order (DO) No. 03, s. 2018, or the Basic Education Enrollment Policy which institutionalized an efficient enrollment process in public and private schools and state/ local universities and colleges (SUCs/LUCs), as well as provides the schedule of the conduct of early registration.
2. With the shift of the beginning of the school year (SY) from June to August in the previous years, the Department amends the schedule of the conduct of early registration in Paragraph V.A which shall read as follows:
V. Enrollment Procedure
A. Early Registration
Early registration for the school year 2023—2024 of incoming Kindergarten, Grades 1, 7, and 11 learners in public schools shall be conducted from May 10 to June 9, 2023.
3. Also, this reiterates the provision in DO 03, s. 2018, that all incoming learners enrolling in Kindergarten and Grades 1, 7, and 1 1 in all public elementary and secondary schools shall pre-register or participate in the early registration to allow DepEd to make the necessary preparations and adjustments of plans for the incoming SY 2023—2024. While incoming Grades 2—6, 8—10, and 12 learners from public schools are considered pre-registered, thus they do not need to participate in the early registration. However, private schools are encouraged to conduct their respective early registration activities in the same timeframe.
4. All public elementary and secondary schools shall update or encode daily in the Early Registration facility in the Learner Information System (LIS) using the school head or school administrator account. Public elementary and secondary schools shall use the print or electronic copies of the Basic Education Enrollment Form (Revised as of March 27, 2023) to ensure that necessary information in registering incoming Kindergarten, Grades 1, 7, and 11 learners, and other data, are properly captured.
5. Public elementary and secondary schools may also encode in the Early Registration facility, the prospective enrollees for other grade levels (e.g., Grades 2—6, 8—10, and 12) based on the previous school enrollment to get the overall picture of the expected enrollees for the next enrollment.
6. Preferably, the conduct of the early registration shall be done through face to face transactions with the schools. However, the schools may continue to implement other options or means of collecting early registration forms.
7. Authorities of public and private schools are instructed to strictly enforce and implement the kindergarten cut-off age as stipulated in DO 020, s. 2018 (Amendment to DepEd Order No. 47, s. 2016).
8.Schools division superintendents and school heads shall facilitate the conduct of advocacy campaigns within their respective jurisdictions to inform the general public and encourage Out of School Children (OSC) and parents/guardians of prospective learners to participate in the Early Registration for SY 2023—2024, by posting relevant materials in conspicuous places, and making announcements in local televisions and radio broadcasting stations.
9.All other provisions of DO 03, s. 2018, not otherwise affected or amended by this DepEd Order, shall remain valid and effective unless otherwise amended by other DepEd issuances.
10. This DepEd Order shall take effect immediately upon its approval, issuance, and publication on the DepEd website. Certified copies of this Order shall be registered with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines Law Center (UP LC), UP Diliman, Quezon City.
11. For more information, please contact the Planning Service-Education Management Information System Division, 2nd Floor, Teodora Alonzo Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at [email protected].
12. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Vice President of the Republic
of the Philippines Secretary
of the Department of Education