Test on Verbal Abilities Part 4 is one the topics that needs mastery in Civil Service Exam. Reviewees need to master the key points that are crucial and needs extra attention. To do this, the reviewee should read and understand each item with proper care. In taking Civil Service Exam, memorization is only a technique but it can’t help you pass the exam. It means that you have to read, understand and internalize the topics. Understanding the questions very well before analyzing it is the best trick to do.
In reviewing Test on Verbal Abilities Part 4, the brain should act as a gallery. The reviewee must master retention of difficult points. There are choices and options but those are very close to the correct answer. To pick the best answer, the reviewee should master the techniques very well. With four difficult choices, only one is the answer. It takes wit and speed as well as control to point the answer in a matter of one (1) minute.
Some items in Test on Verbal Abilities Part 4 are easy. Yet, the difficult questions outnumber the easy ones. During the review, it is best if you stay focus and think that the review is the real scenario. In this manner, you will be used to the flow of the process of the exam. The positive mentality is what matters the most and it will add to your advantage. Questions in each item may be difficult at first reading but as you read it twice, you will find it easy to answer. Test on Verbal Abilities Part 4 is very important and this is one point that you need to practice.
Many said that Civil Service Exam is difficult to pass and it is agreeable. If an aspiring taker wishes to pass the examination, he/she must focus on the review to nail it!
Test on Verbal Abilities Part 4
Direction: Select the meaning of the underline part of each sentence from the choices given:
1. “She is a vision of feminine pulchritude” stands for
4. Beauty and poise
2.” I value a man for the size of his heart” can be interpreted as
1. Size of his heart determines the length of life
2. Man’s kindness is most important
3. Man will perish without a big heart
4. Man’s love is measured by the size of his heart
3. Veronica was excused because all she said were white lies.
1. The lies were really harmless
2. She recited the lies in public
3. The lies recited were excusable
4. The lies were written to be read by all
5. Telling a lie is deplorable
4. President Quezon said “I prefer a government ran like hell by Filipinos rather than one ran by foreigners.” This means that.
1. Though difficult, Filipinos are preferred to lead
2. Foreign leaders are governing
3. Filipinos are incapable of administrating their own affairs
4. Leadership can only be provided by foreigners
5. Filipinos can never lead their own government
5. George Shaw said, “You that are and you ask why. But I dream things that never were and ask why not” Such line speaks of
1. Clever thinking
4. Rich imagination
5. Differences in outlook
6. Mrs. Gonzales is as good as her last triumph.
1. Cannot be good all times throughout
2. Cannot be bad
3. As nice as ever
4. Sustainably superb
5. Finally settled
7. After all has been said, the issue was a tempest in a teapot.
1. Temperature dropped
2. Heated down argument followed
3. Simmered down
4. Boiled down to nothing
5. Finally settled
8. Fast accomplishment can lull the official to complacency.
1. Remain inactively satisfied
5. Put on service
9. Jose does not need new car, but he trade his old one to keep up with the joneses.
1. To imitate others in extravange
2. To be envious
3. To be responsible
4. To please others
10. She wishes to meet somebody who is off the beaten track.
3. At the lowest level
To download this reviewer, click HERE. God bless!