Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Part 1 is one the topics that needs mastery in Civil Service Exam. Reviewees need to master the key points that are crucial and needs extra attention. To do this, the reviewee should read and understand each item with proper care. In taking Civil Service Exam, memorization is only a technique but it can’t help you pass the exam. It means that you have to read, understand and internalize the topics. Understanding the questions very well before analyzing it is the best trick to do.
In reviewing Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Part 1, the brain should act as a gallery. The reviewee must master retention of difficult points. There are choices and options but those are very close to the correct answer. To pick the best answer, the reviewee should master the techniques very well. With four difficult choices, only one is the answer. It takes wit and speed as well as control to point the answer in a matter of one (1) minute.
Some items in Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Part 1 are easy. Yet, the difficult questions outnumber the easy ones. During the review, it is best if you stay focus and think that the review is the real scenario. In this manner, you will be used to the flow of the process of the exam. The positive mentality is what matters the most and it will add to your advantage. Questions in each item may be difficult at first reading but as you read it twice, you will find it easy to answer. Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Part 1 is very important and this is one point that you need to practice.
Many said that Civil Service Exam is difficult to pass and it is agreeable. If an aspiring taker wishes to pass the examination, he/she must focus on the review to nail it!
Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Part 1
Direction: Choose the best answer
1. This is an act establish a code of conduct and ethical standards for public officials and employees. Upholding the time-honored principle of public office being a public mist.
1. R.A #6713
2. R.A #6731
3. R.A #6371
4. R.A #6317
2. Republic Act #6713 establish establishes a code of contact and ethical standards for public officials and employees, upholding the time-honored principle of public office as a public trust.
1. Code of Professionalism and Ethical Behavior
2. Code of Professional Behavior and Ethics
3. Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees
4. Code of Public Trust and Ethical Standards
3. “It is the policy of the state to promote ___________ of ethics in public services.”
3. High standard
4. They include elective and appointive and employees, permanent or temporary, in career or non-career service. With or without compensation.
3. Public Officials
5. “Family of public official and employees” means their spouses and unmarried children under ____________ years of age.
6. “Relatives” refers to any and all persons related to a public official or employee within the _________ civil degree of consanguinity or affinity.
7. Public official and employees shall always uphold the pubic interest over and above personal interest and avoid wastage of public funds and revenues.
3. Commitment to Public Service
4. Justness and Sincerity
8. Public Officials and Employees shall perform an discharge their duties with the highest degree of excellence, intelligence and skills, render public service with the outmost devotion and dedication to duty to duty.
9. Public officials and employees shall remain true the people at all times, shall not discriminate, shall respect at all times the rights of others and refrain from doing. Acts contrary to law, good morals, public policy, public safety and public interest.
1. Political Neutrality
3. Justness and security
10. Public official and employees shall at all times loyal to the Republic and to the Filipino People and endeavor to maintain and defend the sovereignty against.
2. Political Neutrality
4. Community to Public Interest
11. Public officials and employees shall extend prompt, courteous and adequate service to the public, provide information of policies and procedures in clear and understandable language.
1. Public Service
2. Responsive to the Public
4. Commitment to Service
12. Public officials and employees shall commit themselves to the democratic way of life and values and maintain the principle of public accountability, uphold the Constitution at all times and put loyalty to country above that person or party.
1. Commitment to Democracy
3. Loyalty and Allegiance
4. Public Accountability
13. Public official and employees and their families, shall lead modest lives appropriate to their position and income, shall not indulge in extravagant or ostentation display of wealth or lifestyle.
2. Views of Poverty
3. Justness and Sincerity
4. Simple Living
14. All Public officials and employees shall respond within _________ days from receipt thereof, respond to letters, Telegrams or other means of communication sent by the public.
1. 15 working days
2. Within 15 days
3. Within 7 working days
4. Within one (1) week
15. All heads and other responsible officers of office and agencies of government and GOCC’s. shall within ________ days from the end of the year, shall render a performance report of the agency or office or the corporation concerned.
1. 45 days
2. 45 working days
3. 30 working days
4. 30 days
16. It shall be unlawful for public officials and employees to, directly or indirectly. Have monetary or material interest on any transaction requiring the approval of their office.
1. Financial and material interest
2. Material interest
3. Financial interest
4. Outside Employment
17. Public official and employment shall not use or divulge confidential or classified and official information known to them by reason of their office.
2. Disclosure and/or misuses of official information
3. Private practice of profession
18. Public official and employees shall not accept, directly or indirectly, any gift, gratuity. Favor or anything of monetary value, in the course of their official duty which may be affected by the function of their official duty which may be affected by the function of their office.
2. Material or financial interest
3. Disclosure or misuse
4. Private practice of profession while in office
19. Public officials and employees shall accomplish and submit declaration under oath. Their assets, liabilities, net worth, financial and business interest.
1. Acceptance and Solicitation
2. Financial and Material interest
3. Statement and Disclosure
4. Outside Employment
20. Any and all statements filed under R.A #6713 shall be made available for inspection at all times ar reasonable hours.
1. Accessibility of Documents
2. Disclosure of Documents
3. Identification of Documents
4. Confidentiality of Documents
21. Public official and employees must at all times be accountable to the people, server them with utmost responsibility, integrity, loyalty, efficiency, act with patriotism and justice.
1. Security of tenure
3. “Commitment to service”
4. “Public Service is a Public Trust”
22. Court that shall have jurisdiction over civil and criminal cases involving graft and corruption and such other offense committed by public official and employees.
2. Office of the Special Prosecutor
3. Department of Justice
4. Regional Trial Court
23. _________________ is mandate to act promptly on complaints filed in any form or manner against public official and employees.
1. Regional Trial Court
2. Office of the Special Prosecutor
3. Department of Justice
4. Special Court
24. Public officials and employees shall provide service to every one without discrimination and regardless of party affiliation or preference.
1. Responsiveness to service
2. Justice and Security
3. Political Neutrality
25. This is a ground for impeachment which cover any violations of the oath of office involving loss of popular support even if violation may not amount to a criminal offense.
3. Culpable Violation of the Constitution
4. “Betrayal of Public Trust”
To download this Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Part 1 reviewer, click HERE. God bless!