Clerical Reasoning Part 2 is one the topics that needs mastery in Civil Service Exam. Reviewees need to master the key points that are crucial and needs extra attention. To do this, the reviewee should read and understand each item with proper care. In taking Civil Service Exam, memorization is only a technique but it can’t help you pass the exam. It means that you have to read, understand and internalize the topics. Understanding the questions very well before analyzing it is the best trick to do.
In reviewing Clerical Reasoning Part 2, the brain should act as a gallery. The reviewee must master retention of difficult points. There are choices and options but those are very close to the correct answer. To pick the best answer, the reviewee should master the techniques very well. With four difficult choices, only one is the answer. It takes wit and speed as well as control to point the answer in a matter of one (1) minute.
Some items in Clerical Reasoning Part 2 are easy. Yet, the difficult questions outnumber the easy ones. During the review, it is best if you stay focus and think that the review is the real scenario. In this manner, you will be used to the flow of the process of the exam. The positive mentality is what matters the most and it will add to your advantage. Questions in each item may be difficult at first reading but as you read it twice, you will find it easy to answer. Clerical Reasoning Part 2 is very important and this is one point that you need to practice.
Many said that Civil Service Exam is difficult to pass and it is agreeable. If an aspiring taker wishes to pass the examination, he/she must focus on the review to nail it!
Clerical Reasoning Part 2
Direction: Choose the correct ending/answer for each of the following statements of problem:
1. Which one of the following does not fall under the major duties of an efficient office clerk?
a) Getting acquainted with people
b) Making letters
c) Buying and requisitioning
d) Operating the telephone switch board
2. Almost all business organizations require appointments to be made, attending to officer caller and promoting the company interest in general. In this regard, which of the following clerical moods should be observed in the office at all times?
a) Give immediate attention to people
b) Serve the Boss his morning coffee
c) Keep the file well organized
d) Attend to the cleanliness of the table.
3. The telephone provides the rapid relay of communication from one office to another. A large part of a clerk’s duty is to receive and give office messages through the phone. Which of the following should be practiced as regards telephone use?
a) Answer the telephone after the third ring
b) Say “yes” as soon as the phone is picked up.
c) Let the Boss pick up the ring.
d) Identify the company and get the message.
4. Your company wants to requisition some goods from company A. which of the following ways will you use to insure quick delivery of the ordered goods?
a) Send a letter via ordinary mail
b) Wait for the company salesman to arrive
c) Fill up a purchase order for the purpose, fax it to the company concerned.
d) Wait for the company to inquire about your order.
5. All the following items below except one is not found in a purchase order form. Which is the item?
a) Name and address of the company vendor
b) Name and address of the vendee
c) Quantity of items ordered
d) Vehicles used for the delivery of goods
6. Which of the following forms is not the concern of a clerk in a business establishment?
a) Stock room requisition
b) Voucher for requisition
c) DECS Form 137
d) Purchase order
7. Which one of the following forms is not the concern of a clerk in a business establishment?
a) Processing orders
b) Billing buyers
c) Typing and filing correspondence
d) Providing customers with promotional sample of products
8. Order for company products made through phone calls should be received carefully in order to serve the customers. Which one of the following does not contribute to the customer’s satisfactions?
a) Listen carefully to what the customer orders and jot them down carefully.
b) Repeat the information jotted down to be sure you got the order right
c) Type the order in a sales invoice and send at once to the sales department
d) Consider the caller a nuisance.
9. All the following except one is associated with indexing. Which is this one?
10. In receiving an inter-office telephone calls, one of the following is definitely a proper procedure to do. which one is this?
a) Answer the phone promptly and give your department
b) Answer with “Hello” and wait until the other line send the message
c) Get a ball pen and a memo pad, then answer the phone
d) Engage the caller in a social talk, or send reply thru texting.
11. Which is preferable in addressing a correspondence for the Lady President of the Philippines?
a) Her Excellency President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
b) President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
c) Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
d) President GMA
12. In address the Pope, which way is preferred?
a) Your Majesty
b) Your Excellency
c) His Excellency
d) Your Honor
13. The law which mandates use of Filipino in government office correspondence
a) R.A. 336
b) Executive Order 336
c) Exec Order 335
d) Adm. Order 338
14. Which one of the following is not a way of relaying information to various
a) Department Order
b) Memorandum Circular
c) Department Memo
d) Order Form
15. Which is not an appointment given to a hired in any establishment?
c) Emergency appointment
To download this reviewer, click HERE. God Bless!