Clerical Reasoning Part 1 is one the topics that needs mastery in Civil Service Exam. Reviewees need to master the key points that are crucial and needs extra attention. To do this, the reviewee should read and understand each item with proper care. In taking Civil Service Exam, memorization is only a technique but it can’t help you pass the exam. It means that you have to read, understand and internalize the topics. Understanding the questions very well before analyzing it is the best trick to do.
In reviewing Clerical Reasoning Part 1, the brain should act as a gallery. The reviewee must master retention of difficult points. There are choices and options but those are very close to the correct answer. To pick the best answer, the reviewee should master the techniques very well. With four difficult choices, only one is the answer. It takes wit and speed as well as control to point the answer in a matter of one (1) minute.
Some items in Clerical Reasoning Part 1 are easy. Yet, the difficult questions outnumber the easy ones. During the review, it is best if you stay focus and think that the review is the real scenario. In this manner, you will be used to the flow of the process of the exam. The positive mentality is what matters the most and it will add to your advantage. Questions in each item may be difficult at first reading but as you read it twice, you will find it easy to answer. Clerical Reasoning Part 1 is very important and this is one point that you need to practice.
Many said that Civil Service Exam is difficult to pass and it is agreeable. If an aspiring taker wishes to pass the examination, he/she must focus on the review to nail it!
Clerical Reasoning Part 1
Direction: this exercise aims to familiarize you with some common clerical office procedures. Choose the correct answer from the choices given. The correct answers are found after the last exercise.
1. If the following procedures are to be arranged in proper order, what be the best order of arrangement for a receiving or purchasing clerk to do?
A. Inspect the goods delivered
B. Request for the quotation/price of the goods ordered etc.
C. Write a claim for damage or shortage of delivery
D. Prepare the form for purchase order
E. Pay the goods that are ordered
F. Make a request for the goods, services or order
2. Which of the following is not a way to requisition a product?
1) By filling up purchase order form
2) By telephoning
3) By writing
4) By ordering through the sales representative
5) By getting the product short of prior notice
3. To whom will the duty of ordering needed goods fall?
1) Purchasing clerk
3) Receiving clerk
5) Accounting clerk
4. Which of the following is not a necessary document in an office?
1) Purchase invoice
2) Credit memorandum
3) Official receipt
4) Marriage license
5) Requisition voucher
5. The following except one are outstanding clerical abilities expected by a head of his employees. Which is the exception?
1) Willingness to work well with others
2) Taking unnecessary leave of absence
3) Taking responsibility on the assigned task
4) Needing the least amount of supervision
5) Acquiring new procedures and techniques for the job.
6. Which of the following is not a term used in the filling process?
7. All except one of the following are commonly used systems. Which one is the odd?
4) Subject files
8. Which department in an office takes care of preparing the customers’ accounts to the company?
1) Indexing section
2) Ordering section
3) Billing section
4) Purchasing section
5) Wholesale/retail section
9. If you were to handle an order of your company’s merchandise from a customer, which of the following is not one of the things you will do?
1) Prepare on voice of the order you received
2) Note the customer and his address
3) Carefully check the order
4) Keep the enclosed payment in your custody
5) Consult your head if some information are missing regarding orders.
10. Which documents indicate the returned items and deducted payment by a customer to your company?
2) Purchase invoice
3) Letter of credit
4) Credit document sales invoice
To download this reviewer, click HERE. God bless!