Gokongwei grants master’s degree scholarship for public school teachers.
GBF acknowledges the critical need for globally competitive STEM education in the Philippines. The TeachSTEM Graduate Scholarship aims to advance the competency through excellent content and pedagogy. They will equip future quality STEM professionals and champion a STEM-oriented culture in the Philippines.
Scholar will be supported with financial grants of Php 65,000 per academic year during course work and Php 85,000 during thesis year.
Must continue to be an educator (e.g. teacher or administrator with permanent employment status at the Department of Education or a higher higher education institution) in the Philippines for a period equivalent to the duration of scholarship under the Scholarship Program.
1. Is teaching science or mathematics in K to 12 in any public school
2. Has at least a “satisfactory” teaching rating performance from previous year
3. Is a graduate student taking Master’s Degree in Education specializing Science or Mathematics
4. Has no failed, dropped or incomplete grade from the previous academic year
5. Must carry an academic load of at least six (6) units per term during coursework and six (6) units across final year for thesis
6. Must be projected to complete program within prescribed period
7. Preferably not a recipient of a scholarship from other institutions or persons
8. Must be in good health
1. Certificate of employment
2. Copy of PRC ID
3. Proof of enrolment of admission
4. Transcript of records of true copy of grades
5. Projected completion of curriculum calendar (Download the form here: bitly/gbftsgcalendar)
6. Medical certificate
7. Certificate of good moral character
8. Proof of income (two recent pay slips, income tax return, tax exemption, certificate of indigency, or certificate of low income)
9. Colored ID photo with white background.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS