DepEd releases new PTA guidelines
The Department of Education released the omnibus guidelines on the regulation of operations of the Parents-Teachers Associations to update its functions with department’s mandate.
The new guidelines prescribed more provisions for the association such as
- allowed and prohibited activities of PTA;
- conflicts/dispute resolution,
- disciplinary proceedings,
- and sanctions and miscellaneous provisions.
It stipulated that all levels of PTA will not be used for any political activity and shall not engage in partisan politics.
“We continue to recognize and value the partnership of the community, our parents, our teachers, and our school administration in ensuring the delivery of quality basic education to all of our learners. The released Omnibus PTA Guidelines will strengthen the role of the PTA in schools,” Education Secretary Leonor Briones.
The Omnibus PTA Guidelines of 2022 cover all public schools offering the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
The guidelines will also update the processes of PTA affairs such as
- election of officers;
- requirements and privileges bestowed upon recognized PTAs;
- conduct of General Assembly and other meetings;
- and undertaking of fundraising projects.