List of Areas and Schools with No Classes from March 6 to 11 Due to Transport Strike
Transport strike refers to a form of protest or strike where jeepney drivers , uv drivers or other public transportation service providers collectively stop operating their vehicles and refuse to provide transportation services to the public. This type of strike is often used as a means of expressing their opposition to government policies or decisions that may adversely affect their livelihood or the public transportation sector as a whole.
As a result of a transport strike scheduled from March 6 to 11 to protest the jeepney phaseout, the Department of Education (DepEd) has advised schools to temporarily halt face-to-face classes and transition to distance learning modalities. Rather than canceling classes altogether, the DepEd has recommended implementing alternative delivery modes of teaching.
DepEd’s distance learning modalities include:
- Modular Distance Learning – Involves the use of self-learning modules (SLMs) that learners can study on their own at their own pace.
- Online Distance Learning – Involves the use of digital technologies and online platforms such as DepEd Commons, Google Classroom, and other Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Radio-Based Instruction – Involves the use of radio broadcasts to deliver educational content to learners.
- TV-Based Instruction – Involves the use of television broadcasts to deliver educational content to learners.
- Blended Learning – A combination of two or more distance learning modalities to deliver educational content to learners.
There will be no classes in the following areas and schools from March 6 to 11, 2023.”
- De La Salle University – All level in Manila campus at Laguna campus.
- Ateneo de Manila University – All level.
- University of Sto. Tomas – All level.
- Adamson University – All level.
- Trinity University of Asia – All level.
- Far Eastern University – All level in Manila at Makati campus.
- University of the East – All level in Caloocan at Manila campus.
- Arellano University – All level.
- National University – All level.
- La Consolacion University Philippines – All level.
- Bulacan State University – All level.
- Cavite State University – All level.
- Holy Angel University –All level.
- Marikina City – All level.
Refresh this page for the latest updates.