Internal Guidelines on the Implementation of Twice-A-Month Release of Salary of DepEd Personnel
Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones approved the implementation of the twice-a-month release of the salaries of DepEd personnel nationwide upon the recommendation of the DepEd Central Office APDS Task Force through APDS Task Force Resolution No. 06, s. 2021 entitled “A Resolution Recommending the Approval to Utilize the Existing FoxPro Program of Regional Offices that Implement the Twice A Month Salary Releases to DepEd Regional Office Proper,”
To implement the salary release arrangement the internal guidelines shall be observed by all DepEd Payroll Services Units in the preparation of monthly payroll which will reckon nationwide by January 2022 in consideration of other activities such as the tax adjustment on payrolls and coordination with the concerned Government Servicing Bank (GSB). However, this will no preclude the regions to implement it earlier either in November or December 2021:
- The release of salaries of the teachers and employees on a twice-a-month basis shall be implemented using the existing FoxPro payroll program for payrolls prepared in the RPSU, subject to necessary adjustments by the SDD-ICTS on the payslips wherein the Net Take Home Pay (NTHP) shall be equally divided in two (2), except for the centavos which will be credited on the 30th day of the payroll month. The Heads of RPSU are instructed to directly coordinated with the SDD-ICTS on the necessary adjustments on the payroll program;
- The Hash totals to be submitted to the respective GSBs shall likewise be split into two (2). All implementing units must inform their GSB counterparts in advance for this purpose;
- Schedule of salary release shall be every 15th and 30th day of the month to provide ample time for the processing of form7 and other salaries/ employee profile adjustment to be submitted by the School Divisions. These documents must be submitted by the Head of the Administrative Unit of the SDO to the RPSU on or before the 7th day of the month;
- All implementing unit secondary school (IU-SS), whether using FoxPro, Excel, or any payroll program shall likewise implement the twice-a-month salary releases starting January 2022 or earlier; and
- Schedule of monthly remittances to BIR, Philhealth, GSIS, Pag-Ibig, Land Bank of the Philippines, DepEd Provident Fund, and other private entities shall remain the same.
Ideal timelines of the payroll process are shown below.
|a. Inclusion of monthly payroll worksheet and Report of Service (Form 7)||On or Before the 7th day of the month|
|b. Updating of Mandatory Deductions (GSIS, Pag-IBIG and Philhealth Premiums)||On or before the 7th day of the month|
|c. Updating of Payroll database:|
1. inclusion of the newly hired personnel
2. Adjustment of salaries due to promotions/ step increment
3. Updating of names, stations, and other payroll records
|On or before the 7th day of the month|
|d. Inclusion of the following:|
1. Deduction billings granted by:
1.1 GFIs (GSIS, Pag-IBIG, and Landbank of the Philippines)
1.2 DepEd Provident Fund
1.3 APDS accredited entities
Reminded: All loan amortizations to be incorporated in the payroll must undergo the verification process by the DepEd Verifiers, to ensure the implementation of NTHP requirement per GAA.
2. Obligation due to DepEd, if any, such as payment of unliquidated cash advances, Disallowances as decreed in a final and executory decision of COA and others.
|On or before the 7th day of the month|
|Generation, printing, and processing of the following documents: 1) payroll; 2) Summary of Disbursement Report (SDR); and 3) Hash Totals||8th day to 13th day of the month|
|Releasing of SDR and Hash Totals to SDOs||8th day to 13th day of the month|
|Submission of Hash Totals to the GSB (Net Take Home Pay)||For the 15th salary - 14th of every month
for the 30th salary - 29th of the month
Note: Payroll processors are not prohibited to submit earlier the Hash Totals to the GSBs, should these periods fall on a weekend.
|Printing of payslips||3rd week of the Month|
|i. Release of payrolls and payslips to SDOs||Last week of the month|
|j. Processing of the monthly remittances to:|
1. GFIs including DepEd Provident Fund
2. APDS accredited entities
Service Fees deducted from the accounts of APDS accredited private entities
4. Obligations due to DepEd such as payment of unliquidated cash advances, Disallowances as decreed in a final and executory decision of COA, and others.
Must be released to concerned GFIs on or before 10th day of the succeeding payroll month
Must be released to concerned entities within 30 days after payroll month
Must be deposited to the Bureau of the Treasury within 30 days after each payroll month
Must be deposited to the Bureau of Treasury on the succeeding month
Salary overpayments collected over-the-counter with issued Official Receipt from the retired, resigned, and separated employees must be immediately deposited to the Bureau of Treasury.
All payroll processors are not precluded to adjust earlier the schedule per process, especially those regions with a large number of employees to be serviced, provided the release of salary every 15th and 30th day of the month shall be strictly followed.
The heads of each governance level from the regions, schools, divisions, and IU-SS shall be responsible for the fulfillment of this undertaking.
Immediate compliance with dissemination of this Memorandum is directed.
Read MEMORANDUM OUF-2021-0703 below for more details.