Part-Time Scholarship for Science and Mathematics Teachers
The Science Education Institute of the Department of Science and Technology (SEI-DOST) will conduct a graduate scholarship program titled Part-Time Scholarship for Science and Mathematics Teachers. This is under the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education, in collaboration with the National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education consisting of sixteen consortium member-universities, and the S&T Regional Alliance of Universities for National Development in universities.
The program aims to:
a. Make graduate education more accessible to talented Science and Mathematics (S&M) teachers who are financially constrained to pursue graduate studies;
b. Upgrade the teaching of S&M in the secondary level through teacher education programs; and
c. Accelerate the development of critical mass experts in the fields of science and mathematics education.
The Announcement Brochure is enclosed for reference.
The target applicants are secondary level teachers in science and mathematics (S&M) of the Department of Education who are currently employed with teaching load and who have teaching experience of below seven years.
For more information, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division, Science Education Institute, Department of Science and Technology, 2nd Level, Science Heritage Building, Department of Science and Technology Compound, General Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig City through email at [email protected] or at telephone number 8837 2071 local 2382 and mobile phone number 0927-886-8816.
(Enclosure to DepEd Memorandum No. 015, s. 2021)
Department of Science and Technology
Science Education Institute
Part – Time Scholarship for Science and Mathematics Teachers
The Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) offers a part-time scholarship for Master’s degree in Science and Mathematics (SME) to teachers in secondary level schools who are currently employed and with teaching load in science and mathematics under the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education (CBPSME) and the project S&T Regional Alliance of Universities for National Development (STRAND)
The program aims to:
- make graduate education more accessible to talented S&M teachers who are financially constrained to pursue graduate studies;
- upgrade the teaching of science and mathematics in the secondary level through teacher education programs; and
- accelerate the development of critical mass of experts in the fields of science and mathematics education.
Type of Scholarship
- Master’s in SME programs (4 years as part-time)
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Bicol University
- Cebu Normal University
- Central Luzon State University
- De La Salle University
- Leyte Normal University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- MSU-lnstitute of lligan of Technology 0 MSU-Marawi City
- Philippine Normal University
- Saint Mary’s University
- University of San Carlos
- Western Mindanao State University 0 West Visayas State University
- UP College of Education
- UP Open University
- Central Mindanao University
- Nueva Vizcaya State University
- University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines-Cagayan De Oro
Criteria of Eligibility
An applicant must:
- be a natural born Filipino citizen;
- not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- be in good health condition and of good moral character;
- pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any CBPSME and STRAND consortia member universities; and
- pass the interview and screening procedure.
- Accomplished Application Form;
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
- Certified True Copy of the Official Transcript of Record;
- Service Record as proof of employment in the secondary school;
- Endorsement from the two former professors in college;
- Medical Certificate as to health status and fitness to study from a licensed physician with his/her PRC license number indicated;
- Valid NBI Clearance;
- Notice of Admission to the STRAND and CBPSME consortia-member universities; and
- Approved Program of Study for master’s degree in science and mathematics education.
- Tuition & Other School Fees: ₱ 20,000/semester
- Thesis Grant: ₱ 60,000
Terms of Scholarship Award
- Enroll at the any of the CBPSME/ STRAND member-university for PART-TIME graduate studies ( 6 units minimum/semester or 9 units maximum/ semester/term) to pursue a Master’s degree program in science and mathematics education.
- maintain the grade and other academic requirements to remain in the graduate program.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the Scholarship Agreement to be entered into among him/herself, the training institution and the DOST-SEI.
- Refund the scholarship-grant plus 12% interest for failure to complete the program within the approved scholarship period or to comply with the service obligation.
- Render service for 1 year after the completion of the Master’s degree.
Selection of Awardees
- Evaluation of accomplished application form and other documentary requirements by the University.
- Final screening and selection of qualifiers by SEI.
- Approval of the list of awardees by the DOST Secretary. The list of awardees approved by the DOST Secretary is final and unappealable.
- DOST-SEI, through the CBPSME/ STRAND Projects Directors, shall send the notice of award to the awardees.
JOSETTE T. BIYO
Science Education Institute S&T Scholarship Division
2nd Level Science Heritage Bldg. DOST Cmpd., Gen. Santos Ave. Bicutan, Taguig City.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 8837-2071 loc. 2382
Mobile no.: 09278868816
For more information, read PART-TIME SCHOLARSHIP FOR SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS TEACHERS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY-SCIENCE EDUCATION INSTITUTE (DepEd Memorandum No. 015, s. 2021)
If you’re looking for FREE downloadable teaching materials and resources such as workbooks, worksheets, forms, guides, and modules, you can download it below:
[table id=1 /]