National Reading and Book Month Webinar Series for Teachers (November 2021)
In recognition of reading’s significance in developing the communication and language skills of learners, as well as cultivating their critical thinking skills vital to be empowered citizens of the 21st century, the Office of the Undersecretary for Administration(OUA), through the Information and Communications Technology Service-Educational Technology Unit (ICTS-EdTech), will conduct its first-ever National Reading and Book Month Webinar Series 2021 for administrators, educators, reading and literacy enthusiasts, and reading and literacy advocates.
Writers, publishers, reading innovators, reading and language professors, storytelling advocates, and reading and literacy educators and enthusiasts will gather in this event that will be held every Saturday of November (November 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2021) from8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This webinar series joins in the celebration and observance of National Reading Month, Araw ng Pagbasa on November 24, National Book Development Month under Proclamation 1436 series 2007, and National Book Week every fourth week of November as mandated by Proclamation 109 series of 1936.
The objectives of this webinar series are:
- To Celebrate November as National Reading Month and National Book Development Month;
- Promote full awareness and understanding of the role of reading and literacy in cultivating the critical thinking skills of learners;
- Retool, skill, and upskill language teachers about the current trends of reading pedagogy streamlined to emerging technologies and the issues and aims of 21th-century learning design;
- Provide learning opportunities for educators through topics catered to by writers, publishers, reading innovators, reading and language professors, storytelling advocates, and reading and literacy educators and enthusiasts; and
- Emphasize the role of solid partnerships among the government, private institutions, writers, publishers, and educators in improving Filipino learners’ reading and literacy skills.
The webinar series observes an open registration and will streamed live through the following social media accounts:
A Certificate of participation will be provided to every participant for each attended session, and a Certificate Recognition will be given for successfully attending the whole webinar series through the DepEd Professional Development-Learning Management System (PD-LMS).
For questions and concerns, kindly contact Ms. Maria May N. Sevilla, Educational Technology Specialist, via email at [email protected].
Read OUA MEMO 00-1021-0050 below for more details.