Advisory on the Processing and Payment of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Cash Allowance to Teachers
This following are the directives in the processing and payment of the FY 2022 Cash Allowance to Teachers amounting to Five Thousand Pesos (Php5,000.00) per classroom teacher for the purchase of teaching supplies and materials, for internet subscription and other communication expenses, and for an annual medical examination expense for the School Year 2022-2023:
1. Department of Education Order No. 10, series of 2020 provides that the Cash Allowance shall be given to entitled public school teachers not earlier than the official start of the school year (SY) (Section IV. 1, emphasis supplied).
2. In the exigency of the service of the entire teaching force, the FIVE THOUSAND PESOS (Php5,000.00) cash allowance for implementing units of the Department that have available cash allocation shall release/pay eligible teachers not earlier than August 22, 2022.
3. The Department of Education (DepEd) Regional Offices must ensure that the allotment for the purpose shall be processed and released to School Division Offices (SDOS) as soon as possible; and
4. The criteria for the pro-rated payment of the Cash Allowance will be as follows:
Date of Assumption to Duty from the Date Opening of Classes (Calendar Days) – Percentage of Cash Allowance to Teachers
a. Within the first 30 days – 100%
b. After the first 30 days but not more than 90 days – 80%
c. After 90 days but not more than 150 days -50%
d. After 150 days until the end of the SY – 20%
5. Details regarding eligibility, exemptions, pro-rated rates, and other matters are indicated in DBM-DepEd Joint Circular No. 2, s. 20212 and DepEd Order. No. 10, s. 2020.
Please be guided accordingly.
Read Memorandum OUF-2022-00 for more details.