30K Computer Loan is now available
The Government Service Insurance System(GSIS) now offers a 30k Computer Loan to its members as an aid especially that most of us now are working from home.
Read the full details of this opportunity below:
This GSIS Computer Loan is a one-time loan which aims to financially aid members to be able to meet their personal or family’s need to purchase a computer for the aforementioned WFH arrangements as well as on-line or distance learning education formats.
The Computer Loan is proposed to be offered for a period of six (6) months.
QUALIFIED LOAN BORROWERS
Only active members with Permanent Appointments shall be qualified to avail of the GSIS COMPUTER LOAN provided that the member:
- Has at least three (3) monthly premium contribution for both Personal Share and Government Share at the time of application;
- Has no pending administrative case and/ or criminal charge;
- Is not on leave without pay;
- Has no past due GSIS loan/s, except housing loan;
- Is employed in an Agency which is not classified as “suspended”; and
- Can comply with the minimum net take-home pay of Php 5,000.00 or amount as provided in the General Appropriations Act, after all, required monthly obligations have been deducted.
WAYS TO APPLY
Thirty Thousand Pesos Php 30,000
E-CREDITING OF LOAN PROCEEDS
The proceeds shall be directly credited to the UMID/eCARD account of the member. The member shall be informed of the loan crediting through email and/ or text message.
LOAN REDEMPTION INSURANCE
A Loan Redemption Insurance (LRI) in the amount of Three Hundred Sixty Pesos (Php 360.00) shall be deducted from the proceeds of the loan. This means that if the borrower dies during the term of the loan, and the loan is not in default, the loan shall be deemed fully paid by virtue of the LRI coverage.
Loan repayment shall be for three (3) years in thirty-six (36) equal monthly installments.
- The interest rate for the GSIS COMPUTER LOAN shall be six percent (6%) per annum computed in advance.
- The monthly interest and outstanding balance of the loan shall be computed based on a diminishing balance. A fraction of a month is considered one (1) month.
- The effective rate per annum that shall be used will be 11.6631% for three (3) years.
PRE – TERMINATION
The GSIS COMPUTER LOAN may be pre-terminated by paying the outstanding balance of the loan before the end of the loan term.
UPDATE as of April 28, 2021
GSIS COMPUTER LOAN is EXTENDED to 31 DECEMBER 2021, so that more people will be given a chance to avail this. It’s also more convenient to apply because it’s now available in the [email protected] kiosk.