Omnibus Guidelines on the Regulation of Operations of Parent-Teacher Associations
The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Omnibus Guidelines on the Regulation of Operations of Parent-Teacher Associations (PTAs) to:
- promote harmonious, active and collaborative engagement among teachers, parents, and the community in the implementation of school programs for learners’ welfare;
- establish the crucial roles of thePTA as a dynamic school-based association concerned with partnership and programs for the best interest of the learners (e.g., facilitating parent-teacher partnership, participating in discussions for learners’ welfare, and engaging in developing and implementing school programs);
- articulate the distinct roles and responsibilities of PTA officers and members;
- streamline the processes for managing PTA affairs at the different levels which include, among others: (a) election of PTA officers consisting of parent/guardian and teacher-members under different modalities; (c) conduct of General Assembly and other meetings; (d) undertaking of fundraising projects; and (e) financial management and transparency of PTA operations and the concomitant accountability of its officers; and
- update and harmonize DepEd policies and guidelines, which are inconsistent with his Order are repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
All DepEd Orders, memoranda, rules and regulations, which inconsistent with this Order are repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
Read DepEd Order No. 013, s. 2022 for more information.